Terms & Conditions
Effective date: 5th February 2019
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote, or purchases an item / service then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Either party may terminate this agreement by giving written notice to the other of such termination. In the event that work is postponed or terminated at the request of the Client, Martin MacDonald shall have the right to bill the client for all work carried out up to the date of receipt of written notice. If additional payment is due, this shall be payable within thirty days of the Client’s written notification to stop work. In the event of termination, the Client shall also pay any expenses incurred by Martin MacDonald. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales.
Martin MacDonald carries public liability insurance cover of £1,000,000. Upgraded specific project insurance cover can be provided if required upon request
Both the Client and Martin MacDonald undertake to keep secret and not to disclose any confidential information which comes to the notice of it in relation to the other party and/or any of its subsidiary and associated companies (other than information already in the public domain) and not to use it for any purpose other than the performance of its obligations under this agreement.
The clients’s confidential information shall include, but not be limited to, information and data relating to the customer’s and its subsidiaries’ business and their financial performance and results.
Martin MacDonalds’ confidential information shall include, but not be limited to, details of its fees and costs.
This privacy notice provides information on how Martin MacDonald collects and processes your personal data when you work with us.
Martin MacDonald is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We use different methods to collect data about you.
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your order.
- To manage your relationship with us.
- To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
We may transfer, store and process your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you must stop using the service.